Sunday 23 October 2011

 "I really, really, really, really, really like you. Right now, I think I like cheesy chips more but you're a close second. I mean, I really like you."

Last night, I was laying in bed, slightly tipsy after spending the night drinking my emotions away (I had 2 glasses of wine...I don't have many emotions and I'm a really cheap date) when I got a phone call. It was 2am, I was attempting to brave the Arctic conditions my bedroom seems to have acquired since my radiator broke and the last thing I was expecting was a phone call. I mean, it's 2am? Seriously...

The phone call mainly consisted of a very drunk person rambling about nothing but cheesy chips, more alcohol and how cold it was and truth be told, I wasn't paying much attention. Not because I wasn't interested in the conversation, but because the person was making very little sense. However, about 3 minutes into the conversation, I heard something that made perfect sense.
(Let it be known that I'm an absolute sucker for a drunken text/Facebook message/phone call. After a few drinks, I'm usually the one sending them/cringing in the morning when I realise that I've accidentally text my Mum something quite inappropriate.)

Here I was, freezing my bum off at 2.14 in the morning, listening to this drunk person confess their feelings towards me and I'm not even going to lie, I loved every single moment of it. Even if I did come second to a portion of cheesy chips. It's nice to know somebody is thinking of you whilst they drink their body weight in alcohol.
Hearing those words drunkenly slurred into the phone was kind of lovely, in all honesty, but I'm left a bit confused now the alcohol isn't part of the picture. How do we handle this kind of thing in the morning?

There's that saying: "drunken words are sober thoughts", but what if the words were just spurred on by the 5th pint this person had quite obviously enjoyed? I mean, I have no reason to not trust alcohol (apart from that horrible moment we shared when it had me throwing up in my friend's kitchen and getting a Halloween party shut down) but I'm a little bit dubious as to whether I should put my faith in it right now.

I was the (slightly) sober one in this instance but why do I feel like I should regret hearing those words? Do I address what was said or do I leave it and when the night comes up in conversation, shall I skip past that sentence being mentioned and jokily taunt this person with embarrassing stories about confessing their love for a takeaway food?

I'll tell you something for nothing, I don't know how this person is feeling today and whether they even remember confessing their love for both me and carbs, but I'm starting to wish that I was the drunk one last night. Things are so much easier whn there's not much else but alcohol in your body. Well alcohol and a whole lotta love for bad foods and me (in that order, apparently.).

4 comments:

  1. Oh Vick, this is amazing! You make me laugh so much! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I think the sheer fact that they rang you suggests something. The issue following this is; what type of feelings are there, did they just want a bit of flirty attention or do they possess undying love? It's really up to them to reveal it so I either wouldn't bring it up with them, or just jokingly say "how was the hangover!" to gage how they are with you; e.g. if they act cold with you they might be backtracking to "undo" the message they gave you. Also I suppose it depends on if you like them. That all sounded a bit... teenage-advice-magaziney, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, thank you so much - you know what I think of you ;) xxx
    Rebecca, that didn't sound teenage-advice magaziney at all. It's actually helped a little bit, so thank you. I'm going to be petty about this and wait until they message me ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this :) You are a fantastic writer!
    If the feeling is reciprocated then you should definitely bring this up with the person, you only live once! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete