The award I've received is the 'Tell Me About Yourself - Your Blog Is Great' award and although, it was given to me by a very close friend, I'd still like to believe it was kind of true...so, please let me just revel in this very self absorbed moment. It won't happen again, I promise.
I'd like to say a very big thank you to Kathy over at Geek marries Chic for awarding me with this and just a quick note to say I'll be round your's with the celebratory Dominoes and chocolate later xxx
1) Thank and link back to the person who awarded you
2) Write 7 random things about yourself
3) Spread the love to 15 other bloggers
7 things about me:
1) I'm a serial "song-repeater" and I'll happily accept my crime. I become obsessed with a song every couple of weeks and refuse to play anything else until my ears are screaming at me to stop and I know every single lyric of the song in question.
2) I'd rather go to a music festival than go abroad. Wait, I know this is crazy and before you write me off as a looney tune, let me explain...every year for the past 3 years, I've gone to V Festival with a group of 20+ other crazies (this group includes my best friend of 16 years and the majority of her family (my 2nd family), other close friends and usually, a few randomers we pick up along the journey) and I've always had the best time of my life. There's nothing more exhilirating than standing on the barrier for your favourite band/singer, screaming along to your favourite song with a beer in your hand.
3) As mentioned above, I've known my best friend for 16 years. We see each other once every 2 months usually and we spend days catching up on Gilmore Girls, watching Foo Fighters documentaries and reminiscing about old times. I'll never forgive her for putting her foot in my face (I HATE feet) or breaking my favourite necklace at the age of 7, but she is definitely my missing puzzle piece.
|She'll hate me for this ;)|
5) I'm a really bad girl (not that in THAT sense!). Don't get me wrong, I love make-up and pretty things but I'm really bad with emotions and stereotypical 'girl' things. I don't like experimenting with my hair, unless I'm dying it green, orange, pink, red, purple...the list goes on, and my idea of hell is shopping. I don't even own a pair of hair straighteners...eeek.
6) I was lucky enough to meet my absolute hero through Twitter: Carrie Lloyd is my idol. If you have Twitter, I suggest you follow her because on a regular basis she inspires me to be brave, to push personal boundaries and to follow my dreams. She's also a Patron for an organisation called Big Pink Heart, for which she blogs for.
7) I've been told I have an old head on a young body. I love nothing more than a night-in with a cup of tea, a documentary on music in the 60s and a picture of John Lennon to stare at.
I've just read through my random facts and I realise what an absolute nut-case I sound. However, that's me ;) and this is now my list of bloggers, which I think you'll love:
Big Pink Hearts over at Big Pink Heart
Gracie over at I'm going nowhere and I'm going to take my time
Kath over at Geek marries Chic
Rachel over at No Social Boundaries
Ellie over at I Like Ginger Biscuits
(Ok, I don't know 15 bloggers because I am so new to this, but there's my top 5...sorry if I've broken the rules, but some rules are there to be broken.)