Wednesday 4 January 2012

"Everybody knows a broken heart is bruised"


As 2011 came to a close and 2012 came a'knocking on my doorstep, I realised for the first time in my 18 years that New Year isn't about saying goodbye & good riddance. Yes, you might want to say au reviour to the nights you spent crying into your pillow at 4am or the afternoons you resorted to stuffing your face with cookie dough after a particularly bad break-up but it's also about saying bonjour to everything the next year has to bring. There will be lows, without a doubt, but there will also be a lot of highs. With that in mind, I decided to list everything 2011 was about...good or bad, because afterall, it's all life experience & that's something which I personally can't get enough of.


It was the year I can safely say I had my first hit of heartbreak. It was the year I decided that after spending 3 whole months stressing out about various A Level projects, my personal statement and choosing Universities, I decided not to enter further education. It was the year I spent completely unemployed. It was the year I lost some really close friends. It was the year I piled on the pounds. It was the year I said goodbye to my hair as I bleached it for the 12th time and dyed it green. It was the year I spent 3 whole weeks in tears as bad news got delivered from every angle. It was the year I had the biggest fight we've ever had with my brother. It was the year I received 207 job rejection e-mails/letters. It was the year I said goodbye to my best friends as they all disappeared off to Uni. It was the year I spent the majority of drunk & it was the year where I realised a lot about how I handle negative situations.

That being said, it was also the year I passed my exams & A Levels. It was the year I've spent completely focused on writing and where I want to be in the future. It was the year that I met some amazing people & gained friends whom I know will be around for life. It was the year where I took comfort in knowing I could devour an entire bar of Galaxy in under 30 minutes...record time. It was the year I finally LOVED my hair. It was the year I learnt just how strong I am. It was the year that I saw Paloma Faith live. It was also the year I went to heaps of gigs. It was the year I learnt my limit with alcohol. It was the year I gave up some horrible habits and completely changed my lifestyle (for the better). It was the year I learnt just who I really should focus on. It was the year that made me grow up the most. It was the year I had some amazing news about my writing. It was the year that made me realise just how special my friends are & it was the year where I realised just how lucky I am.

Here's too an even better 2012...xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment